IIT Madras has started accepting application forms for the IIT JAM 2024 Examination from 05th September 2023 onwards at https://jam.iitm.ac.in/. The objective of the IIT Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM) Exam is to provide admissions to Postgraduate Degree Programmes The candidates who are willing for admission to programmes such as M.Sc., M.Sc. (Tech), M.S Research, M.Sc.-M.Tech. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D., M.Sc. – Ph.D. Dual Degree in IITs for the academic year 2024-25 must complete their IIT JAM Registration 2024 by 13th October 2023.
IIT JAM 2024 Exam
Every year, the Indian Institutes of Technology conduct the Joint Admission Test for Masters for admission into Master of Science and other post-graduate science programs. This year IIT Madras is held responsible for the complete procedure for the IIT JAM 2024 Exam. The candidates who want to register for IIT JAM Exam 2024 must go through the detailed information released by the officials. Click on the below link to download the IIT JAM 2024 Information Broucher and check all details.
IIT JAM 2024 Registration
This year Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) is responsible for conducting the IIT JAM 2024 Exam and now the institute has started with the IIT JAM Registration 2024 process through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS). This year around 3000 seats in IITs are announced for the academic year 2024-25.
|IIT JAM Registration 2024|
|Organising Body||Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras)|
|Exam Name||IIT Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM)|
|Purpose||Admission to programmes such as M.Sc., M.Sc. (Tech), M.S Research, M.Sc.-M.Tech. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D., M.Sc. – Ph.D. Dual Degree|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|IIT JAM Registration Dates||05th September to 13th October 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online, Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|No. of Seats||Around 3000|
|No. of Centres||100 Cities|
IIT JAM Registration 2024- Important Dates
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) has initiated with the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) for candidates preparing for IIT JAM 2024 Exam. The IIT JAM Registration 2024 has been started from 05th September 2023 onwards and the last date for online application submission is 13th October 2023.
|IIT JAM Registration 2024- Important Dates|
|IIT JAM 2024 Registration Begins||05th September 2023|
|Last Date to Register for IIT JAM 2024||13th October 2023|
|Last Date to Submit fees||13th October 2023|
|IIT JAM Admit Card 2024||8th January 2024|
|IIT JAM Exam Date 2024||11th January 2024|
|IIT JAM 2024 Result||22nd March 2024|
IIT JAM 2024 Registration Link
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) is accepting online applications from graduate candidates who are seeking admission to post-graduate courses in IITs. The IIT JAM Registration 2024 is ongoing at https://jam.iitm.ac.in/ and the candidates have to submit their IIT JAM Application Form 2024 on or before 13th October 2023. To appear for the IIT JAM 2024 Exam, the candidates need to complete their registration process and the direct official links are mentioned below.
Steps to Fill IIT JAM 2024 Application Form
All Eligible Candidates who wish to apply for IIT JAM 2023 can follow the steps mentioned below to download their application forms and fill in the details before the deadline.
Step 1- GATE 2024 Registration
Candidates have to register themselves through the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) by entering their their name, a valid e-mail address, an active mobile number and set a password, after which an enrollment ID will be generated. Candidates have to change the password for future login purposes.
- Browse the official page https://joaps.iitm.ac.in/ on a laptop or computer with good internet connectivity.
- A new page for JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) opens.
- Click on “Login” >> “Register” to begin the registration process.
- Enter all the important details like the candidate’s name, valid email id, mobile number, and password for future login.
5. A unique enrollment ID is allotted to the successfully registered candidates. Save it for future use.
Step 2- Application Form Filling
After completing registration, candidates have to login using their enrollment number and password after which an application form appears in which the candidates have to provide personal, academic, and qualification details
1. Using Enter e-mail ID or Enrolment ID or Mobile No. or Registration No. and JOAPS password generated at the time of registration login at the login portal and fill up the application form by entering details like personal, academic qualifications and communication address.
2. Select the JAM paper appearing for, candidates can select one or two test papers. Once the application form is submitted, you can’t change your selected paper.
3. Choose three cities for your JAM Exam Centre, wherein the first two centres selected must be from the same zone and the third can be from any JAM 2024 regional zone.
4. Enter the photo ID number and type of ID for Photo Identity Proof.
Step 3- Uploading of Documents
Upload the valid ID proof i.e. scanned photograph and photo of signatures in the prescribed format. The scanned images of the latest photographs and signature should be clear and in jpg/jpeg format. We have tabulated below the prescribed dimensions of the photo ID, photograph and signature.
|Photo ID||10 KB to 600 KB|
|Photograph (480 × 640 pixels)||20 KB to 200 KB|
|Signature (160 × 560 pixels)||05 KB to 150 KB|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||10 KB to 300 KB|
Step 4- Pay Application Fee
- After completing the application form a new page appears, the window will also display the amount to be paid by the candidate as the application fee. After checking these details, candidates need to click on the ‘Proceed to Payment’ button.
- Pay the required JAM 2024 application fees through online mode Net-banking/debit card/credit card. No JAM application form will be accepted without the application fee.
- Submit the JAM 2024 Online Form and download and save the application form for further reference.
Prerequisites for JAM 2024 Registration
Candidates must note that these are the prerequisites for the JAM Registration 2024:
- Personal information (name, e-mail id, date of birth, mobile number, parent’s/guardian’s name, parent’s/ guardian’s mobile number, etc.)
- Name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as per Qualifying degree. JAM 2024 Scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Ms/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used.
- Address for communication including PIN code.
- Details of Eligibility degree.
- Name and address with PIN code of the College/Institute/University.
- Choice of JAM paper(s).
- Choice of JAM Examination Cities.
- Scanned copy of 10th standard (SSC) Marksheet.
- High-quality image of the candidate’s photograph and signature conforming to the specifications (Photograph Requirements) and (Signature Requirements), respectively.
- Scanned copy of the Category (OBC-NCL/EWS/SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable).
- Scanned copy of Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable) or Unique Disability Identification (UDID) certificate.
- Details of the Photo Identity Document (ID). Any one of the following Photo ID: Aadhaar ID, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, or Voter ID.